Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the artist's journey

I promised a friend that I would share my art journal experience with her grand daughters this week.  Thinking about what I can "tell" them as I "show" them several of my books.  I love that art journaling can be a diary, a sketchbook, a scrapbook, a photo album, all rolled into one!  How did I get started?  That is the question.  I don't think I can talk about art journaling without talking about collage, soul collage, mixed media everything, art therapy, paper dolls, shrines, altered books, artist trading cards, hand carved stamps, painting, and on and on.  Probably why I enjoy doing my journals so much - there are no limitations and I can indulge myself in all media! This photo is the cover of a small altered book that several of my "mail art" friends contributed to. I love the quote, "the artist's journey is the search to find the self."
Yes, this is what art journaling is about. "the search to find the self."

No comments:

Post a Comment