Thursday, October 27, 2011

little veggie paintings


Obviously I don't have this photo-sizing thing down yet.  Oh well.
Yesterday I completed a few more little canvases in my latest series.
I tend to work in series.  Guess if I think it's a good idea, I need to try many!
I began with 3 small paintings of pears. One pear. Two pears. Three pears.
Then red peppers.  One. Two. Three.
Then little orange pumpkins.

Saturday morning I went to the farmer's market, looking for produce to paint.
I got several beautiful little eggplants, and although I took several photos of them, I chose not to paint them.
We ate 'em.
I am really happy with the tomato and the turnips.

All of these paintings are 6"x6", acrylic, on canvas.
I am preparing for Kaleidoscope - the holiday show and sale at MONA
(The Museum of Nebraska Art)
November 4 - 5

Will show more work that will be for sale in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment