Wednesday, June 22, 2011

mermaid dolls

 Remember the selection of fabric I showed you a few posts back?  For Lilly's mermaid doll?  Well, I have been struggling with my sewing machine and playing with yarn.  So far, two dolls are in production.  No, 3 are in production.  The first two are pictured here.  The first looks more like FISH than MERMAID.  A fish with hair. Fins instead of arms.  I have a ways to go before I am happy with her.  She is about 7" tall, I think.

The second has a nicer shape.  She is about 10" tall, with a head and neck, and arms.  I have embellished her a bit more.

The third one in progress (not pictured) is much larger, and more child-friendly, I hope.

I am also hosting a Mermaid Doll swap over at Art42, so the more adult doll can go to a more adult home.

I am simply having fun playing and creating today. 

I will post finished results later.  Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment